Birmingham based Asbestos Surveyor Surveys buildings for deadly Asbestos both in the West Midlands and the UK.
Asbestos survey for your company within 7 days.
5 reasons why I need an Asbestos Survey?
1. Because any building built or refurbished before the year 2000 could contain asbestos, which when disturbed, is very dangerous.
2. Because every week 20 tradesmen die from this hidden killer.
3. Because every year there are still 4,000 deaths from asbestos-related diseases.
4. Because you have a legal duty to manage the risk from exposure.
5. You owe it to your workmates, family and yourself to find out more.
Asbestos – One of the most lethal workplace dangers.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2006 (Reg 4) place a legal duty on anyone with responsibility for the maintenance and repair of non-domestic premises and common areas of rented domestic premises to:-
- Establish whether Asbestos is present and where it is located
- Assume that Asbestos is present unless proved otherwise
- Record all findings and assumptions
- Monitor the condition of any Asbestos
- Implement plans to manage the risk from any Asbestos
- Provide information to those in contact with Asbestos
Which type of Asbestos Survey do I need?
Asbestos Management Survey (formerly the Type 2 Asbestos survey)
Refurbishment – Demolition Survey (Formerly the Type 3 Asbestos survey
To find out more information about our Asbestos Survey provided in Birmingham West Midlands and surrounding areas do not hesitate to get in touch. > > Enquire here
Asbestos – The frequently asked questions
How does Asbestos affect my business?
Commercial buildings built before 2000 are recommended to have an Asbestos Survey. If you own or occupy any non-domestic premises (including all commercial, public or industrial buildings) or domestic premises that have communal parts (e.g. Stairwells, Liftshafts, Corridors), you need to establish and maintain a register of any Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMS).
Do I need to remove any Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs)?
No, not necessarily. The duty is to manage any risk in many cases it is often left in situ and its condition is recorded, monitored and managed.
What was the main use of Asbestos in buildings?
SPRAYED COATINGS; on steel works, concrete walls and ceilings, for fire protection & insulation.
LAGGING; insulation on pipework boilers & ducts
INSULATION BOARDS; in partitions, fire doors ceiling tiles
ASBESTOS CEMENT PRODUCTS; sheeting on walls and roofs, tiles, cold water tanks, gutters, pipes & decorative plaster finishes.
Without an Asbestos Survey – Who is put at risk?
Anyone who undertakes work on your behalf at your premises such as Plumbers, Electricians, Carpenters, Painters and Decorators. Even workers wives are at risk when cleaning soiled work clothes.