Fire Safety and Prevention Training for your business…
All employees must have Fire safety training in fire prevention. Don’t get your fingers burnt, because failure to adequately train employees in the basics of effective fire safety and prevention means that you are in breach of the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order 2005. Employers negligence, can lead to a criminal conviction.
The content of this course focuses mainly on fire safety and prevention in the Workplace, the assessment of potential risks within your workplace, because these are fundamental points found under the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order 2005 Regulations. Those who take this course will be in the knowledge, on using firefighting equipment properly, familiar with building evacuation procedures, and understand the importance of limiting false alarms in the workplace.
Summary of course content
- Introduction to Fire Safety and prevention issues.
- Learn the 3 elements to any flame, and the measures required to prevent all three elements coming together.
- The Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order 2005
- Identify the responsibilities of both employers and employees in the workplace i.e fire wardens.
- Explanation of the fire safety signs and where they should be positioned within your workplace.
- Fire Prevention: The importance of Fire risk assessments to proactively identify the principles of effective fire safety and prevention.
- Detecting a Fire at work: How such situations can be detected and outlining the relevant fire safety procedures in your workplace.
- Containment: When a fire can/should be contained.
- Explanation into the different types of fire and the correct fire fighting equipment to use in each case.
- How to use fire fighting equipment safely and effectively.
- Evacuation and escape: Explain the principles of a evacuation procedures, who should contact the emergency services, including the important do’s and don’ts of evacuation.
- False Alarm Prevention: They do happen, it’s important to know why preventing these is important. And how you can prevent them from occurring.
This Fire safety training helps to ensure that employers remain compliant with the regulations and that their employees are knowledgeable on what to do, should a fire occur.
The duration of this online training course is approx 38 minutes (excludes time to take exam) and all delegates get a certificate of competence. You can stop and start the course as and when you like.
And help will be available at all times.
Download full course overview
Return to our Online Health and Safety Training Page