Online Ladder Awareness Training
Working from ladders is one of the biggest causes of accidents in the workplace. The content of this course covers the Work at Height Regulations (WAHR) 2005 and will help you prevent/avoid falls from heights in your workplace.
All employers in control of any work at height activity must ensure that work is properly planned, supervised and carried out by competent people.
All employees have general legal duties to take reasonable care of themselves and others who may be affected by their actions, and to co-operate with their employer to enable their health and safety duties and requirements to be complied with.
Did you know “Falls from ladders account for an average of 14 deaths per year (averaged over 6 years) anyone at work who uses or specifies the use of ladders needs adequate information and training so that they understand their limitations and safe use.”
This course is designed for those who use Ladders or stepladders on a regular basis. It will guide you on how to set up Ladders correctly and help you understand the difference of inspections and checks to your ladders.
Summary of course content
- An introduction to the the Selection and Use of Ladders.
- Overview of the Working at Heights Regulations 2005
- Reasons why movable Ladders important in the Workplace.
- The key requirements behind the Work at Height Regulations
- How to look after Ladders and Steps ladders.
- Explanation of ladder stability hierarchy.
- Explanation of Stepladder Stability hierarchy.
- Explanation on keeping a safe site.
- Explanation on how to be a safe user of ladders.
The duration of this online training course is approx 38 minutes (excludes time to take exam) and all delegates get a certificate of competence. You can stop and start the course as and when you like.
And help will be available at all times.
Download full course overview
Return to our Online Health and Safety Training Page