UKTFA Site Safe Document
Following the launch of the eagerly awaited guidance from the UK Timber Frame Association (UKTFA), “Design guide to separating distances for buildings during construction”, Intelligent Wood Systems (IWS) are delighted to announce the launch of our tested and UKTFA approved Category B and C compliant systems. IWS holistic systems have been proven to reduce the radiant heat flux from a site fire, radically reducing required separating distances and critically enabling contractors to build IWS systems for timber frame in all environments, even in densely populated inner city developments.
IWS compliant solutions will provide peace of mind for:
- Architects – Timber Frame can be designed and built in any environment
- Builders – Category B & C compliant with only a modest increase in cost
- Timber Frame manufacturers – No need to change your current manufacturing processes
- CDM coordinators – Simple and efficient compliant solutions
- Building regulators – Industry recognisable and third party approvals
IWS supply the technology and component parts to ensure compliance with Category B and C environments for high risk projects and our solutions are available through a number of timber frame manufacturers throughout the UK.
The Resource available
For further information please download the Purple Book which is compliant with the UKTFA separation distance document or go to the IWS website. The practical, innovative and commercially sensitive solutions from IWS have been proven to deliver compliance with a single figure percentage increase, please contact IWS on 01592 630774 for a value engineered solution.